9 Things to Look for in Knowledge Management Software Tools
As a successful leader, you know that the competitive edge remains honed through adoption of the best technology. If you have made the compelling decision to find and implement a knowledge management system, you will need to choose between knowledge management software tools.
Positive change is electrifying, and growth must be intentional in today’s marketplace. The right knowledge management software tools fuel that intentional growth.
With a calculated approach to the selection process, you will easily determine which tools are right for your team. Here are several key features to examine during your quest.
1. Cloud-based or on-site knowledge management software tools? Does your company have an in-house IT team capable of handling all updates, backups, upgrades, monitoring and maintenance? If not, you may need a cloud-based solution. If your industry has strict compliance standards, verify that the third-party, cloud-based solution can meet or exceed those requirements.
2. Easy to understand user interface (UI). Seek out an intuitive UI that your team and users can navigate easily. This allows the users to leverage the knowledge management software tools to their maximum potential.
3. Mobile accessibility. Over 62 percent of internet access in 2018 is expected to be via mobile devices. The tools must have mobile accessibility across multiple devices like Android, iPhone, and iPads.
4. Excellent search functionality. The best knowledge management software tools use natural language programming and deliver relevant information immediately.
5. Capable of capturing feedback. Seek out tools that will capture customer feedback through clicks, likes, subscriptions, and more.
6. Customization. You will need tools that offer customization and personalization. Nimble software will help your organization maintain its competitive advantage. Your company and its customer base is unique, and you need to keep your brand differentiated.
7. Enterprise-wide deployment. A knowledge management system that can be deployed across your organization will minimize the administrative overhead and avoid the creation of corporate silos.
8. Advanced features. You may want to consider other features such as conditional logic, tool tips, Lightbox, popups, forums, merge tags, for training exam and survey modules, and others.
9. Third-party software integration. You will gain in streamlining your business processes if your knowledge management software tools easily integrate with third-party tools.
Knowledge is power, and harnessing that knowledge for your team to use and share will add to your competitive advantages. The right knowledge management tools provide the means that support your objectives, and increasingly those objectives must be intentional growth in the fiercely competitive global arena. Be highly selective about those tools and watch your organization prosper. You have questions? Get a FREE consultation call to achieve this growth today.
- August 2, 2021How to Build an Effective Knowledge Management System Read more