Choosing a Knowledge Management Software Partner
You hear it every day. Customers want effortless engagement. In fact, studies show that 55 percent of consumers are highly likely to ditch an online purchase if they can’t find a fast answer to a question.
Online self-service is increasingly the first point of contact your customer has with your company. Indeed, online self-service exceeded phone use as a communication channel in 2015 already. Is your company on that bandwagon?
Competitive companies invest in customer-facing knowledge, but they must also adopt a knowledge management solution to streamline, organize and make available content necessary for customer service agents to provide the best solutions. Relevant knowledge must be quickly delivered to the consumer at the right time during the customer engagement process for a fruitful interaction. The most successful knowledge management software will bring deeper knowledge that facilitates better customer satisfaction, personalized interactions, shorter call handle times, greater operational efficiencies, and increase positive customer engagement. These all lead to what you are seeking: higher conversions and growing revenue.
Questions for a Knowledge Management Software Partner
You have quite a choice in the marketplace for a knowledge management software partner. With the wide array of choices, you need to be precise about your core specifications for a knowledge management software partner. You need a clear picture of your objectives that you want to achieve from implementing knowledge management. Here are several questions that will help you define your goals.
- Can you articulate your knowledge strategy? Take some time prior to interviewing knowledge management software partners to develop a strategic objective. Do you wish to deflect repetitive, simple inquiries, drive consumer loyalty and engagement, standardize agent knowledge to improve incident handle times and service, or support scenarios that will increase conversions? Once you have answered those questions, define the high-level features that will support your objectives.
- What type of end-to-end customer experience are you seeking? Do you need a knowledge management software partner to provide a discrete customer experience or a broader consumer engagement journey? For instance, do you want a feature that allows consumers to begin the journey as mobile self-service with the option to quickly escalate to a live person without having to start over?
- Do you want proactive knowledge? You will need to determine if you want to offer reactive knowledge that customers and agents must search through to pinpoint relevant data, or whether you want the knowledge proactively pushed out to customers and agents based upon details about their particular case.
- Can you articulate your knowledge philosophy? Who will determine authorship? Will only authorized staff write and publish the content, or will customer service agents have opportunities to contribute or flag data? Defining the publishing workflow will ensure relevant knowledge that exceeds customer expectations.
Are you ready now? Let’s start a conversation and see how we, here at KMS can be your partner and help you achieve your business goals and make your customers happy.
- October 15, 2018How Knowledge Management Transforms IoT into Reality Read more
- January 3, 2019Knowledge Management System Efficiency Measurement Read more